If you own a frozen yogurt franchise, or any other small business for that matter, the start of a new year brings an excellent opportunity to make fresh New Year’s resolutions – – not just for yourself, but also for your company. If your frozen yogurt franchise was operational over the past several years, the likelihood that you benefited from the frozen yogurt industry’s explosive growth is pretty good.
As stated in a blog post on Forte Supply’s website in November, Positive News for the Frozen Yogurt Industry, “Revenue across the frozen yogurt industry climbed at an average annual rate of 21% from 2008 to 2012, and in 2013, annual industry revenue is expected to advance another 22.6%, to $1.5 billion.”
But just because the frozen yogurt industry has seen explosive growth over the past two years does not mean there’s not room for continued improvement! There’s no reason you can’t make 2014 your best year yet.
Following are 5 New Year’s Resolution Ideas for Your Frozen Yogurt Franchise:
1) Re-evaluate and implement your social media strategies. Do you even have a social networking plan for your frozen yogurt franchise?
2) Make sure your store looks appealing on the inside and also from the outside. One of the best ways to generate new business is to have a shop that looks great from the street.
3) Determine if you should open a second or a third shop. It’s not advisable to get too far ahead of yourself, but if your first frozen yogurt shop is highly successful, you might want to start considering opening another one.
4) Implement new and creative promotions and contests. There’s nothing more fun for your customers than encouraging them to participate in a creative promotion or a fun contest. What do we mean by “creative”? We mean something fun that nearby frozen yogurt franchises are not also carrying out.
5) Get to know your customers. This can be accomplished by spending more time in the shop during its busiest hours. Customers like to know the owner is on-duty when they are there, and your presence reinforces the fact that you care about the quality of your frozen yogurt.
Making New Year’s resolutions is easy. Keeping them is the hard part. But when you are a business owner, it’s essential that you make and keep resolutions that will help your company grow and succeed in the coming year. So, our advice to you this New Year is to create at least five New Year’s resolutions for your frozen yogurt business. Write your goals on a piece of paper, and stick to them. You may have to make adjustments to your resolutions as the year progresses, but at the end of 2014, wouldn’t it be great to look back at the year and be able to say, “Wow, this was the best year I could have ever imagined!”
Do you plan to make New Year’s resolutions for your frozen yogurt franchise this year?