We’re only a few weeks away from January 1, 2014. You know what that means, right? It means millions of people around the world will be making New Year’s Resolutions. Exactly how many of those people will make resolutions to lose weight in 2014? A LOT. According to a website called StatisticBrain.com, the Journal of Clinical Psychology ranks losing weight as the most popular resolution made by Americans in 2012.
How does this relate to frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream? Well, most people are already aware that frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream are much healthier dessert options than many other choices – especially traditional ice cream. So, as the owner of a shop that serves a healthier product, you have a unique opportunity in early January to tout your offerings.
Historically, sales of frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream reach their peak in the warm summer months. It’s more difficult to reach the same sales volume during the winter for obvious reasons. When it’s cold outside, fewer people crave cold treats! But there’s no reason why you can’t lure a higher number of customers into your shop by publicizing the healthy and low-calorie choices you have available. Even people who make New Year’s resolutions to lose weight have cravings for something delicious.
Now that it’s December, it’s time to publicize your healthy frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream topping ideas! Get the word out as soon as possible. Put healthy dessert ideas in your customers’ minds BEFORE January 1, 2014 — before resolutions to lose weight are made. If you successfully provide your customers with ideas on how they can still enjoy a tasty treat — without jeopardizing their New Year’s resolution to lose weight — you are sure to increase your sales volume in January.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Offer fresh fruit toppings that are not covered in syrup. Of course the syrup is delicious – but it’s high in calories.
- Provide your customers with the option of drizzling honey on their frozen yogurt instead of chocolate or caramel.
- Remind your shop’s visitors that frozen yogurt without any toppings at all is the healthiest and lowest-calorie way to indulge!
- Offer a smaller cup option to people who walk into your shop and tell a worker that they made a New Year’s resolution to lose weight.
- Tell customers to add healthy toppings to their cups first and yogurt second. This usually results in a larger amount fresh fruit on the bottom, and a smaller amount of yogurt on top – instead of the other way around.
There are lots of healthy frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream topping ideas out there. Do you have any? Please send them to us! We will share them with our readers. If we work together, we will not only help encourage the sale of frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream during the cold winter months, but we will also help people around the world keep their New Year’s resolutions to lose weight in 2014!